Are Fashion Models Aliens?

by Vickie Retro

Kristen McMenamy

In Men in Black 3, Will Smith's character referred to a line he used in a previous MIB film ...he said "Who knew all fashion models were aliens?"

This does not sound so extreme considering in the U.S. the average height for women is 5'4 which is similar to most countries around the world except the Dinaric Alps (5'7). 

Don't ask me about the location of the Dinaric Alps...you have access to Google ...go look it up and learn something.

Then I was thinking about the 120th anniversary issue of Vogue magazine and why they featured a montage of famous supermodels for the last 50 years (well mostly from the late 70's to late 90's). Fashion supermodels like Linda Evangelista, Christy Turlington, Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell, and Kate Moss... too many other names to mention.  

Ms. Evangelista is famous for being on 600 magazine covers, muse of Steven Meisel and for these famous words...I doubt they haunt her at night "I don't get out of bed for less than $10,000".

So are fashion models aliens?

I don't know but if I were to rate all the people I have met in my life and that is a lot ...I don't recall knowing anyone personally that looked like they could be on the cover of Vogue magazine much less Bazaar magazine.

You judge which model is from Pluto!


Christy Turlington

Cindy Crawford

Kate Moss

Linda Evangelista

Naomi Campbell

Popular Posts