Top 10 Free Things to do in NYC during Autumn!
by Barbie Kiss
It's here. Top 10 Free Romantic Things to Do in NYC!
We all love free stuff and when you share free moments with your lover, best friend or whoever is most important then it is even better!
|Chelsea Brewing Company|
So enjoy and share with everyone!
- Free concert series in the five boroughs of NYC showcasing the diverse sounds of the city in performances by artists spanning multiple genres including classical, jazz and world music. For more information visit www.carnegiehall.org.
- Free Tour of Beer....Hooray Sports Fans and Sports Couple Fans!Chelsea Brewing Company, Manhattan's largest microbrewery, offers a peek at their brewing processes with a free tour the entire site, which features a copper-and-brass 30-barrel brewhouse, six 60-barrel unitanks, four 30-barrel unitanks, two 60-barrel bright beer tanks, six 15-barrel servers, a fully automatic grain-handling system, an automated bottling system and a kegging system. The tour includes free samples (naturally), along with tickets for discounted pints to savor afterward at the brewery's bar and restaurant, which overlooks the Hudson River (hint perfect post tour date)Tours start at 2pm every Saturday and continue on the hour through 6pm. For more information, visit http://www.chelseabrewingco.wordpress.com/.
- Breathe in the flowers and gaze at the Foilage holding hands at the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens. Free admission every Tuesday. For more information, please visit www.bbg.org.
- Scary People dressed up in the big city is a perfet group date and the Annual NYC Village Halloween Parade is perfect for the haunted. http://www.halloween-nyc.com/
- What could be better than Free classical music, jazz, dance concerts and much more at Julliard, perfect for the Fall and the holiday season. http://events.juilliard.edu/
- Laughter cures everything and what could be better than attending a live taping of Saturday Night Live Show in NYC. Free tickets http://gonyc.about.com/od/tvtapings/p/snl_tickets.htm
- Spot celebrities together at the Late Show with David Letterman www.cbs.com/late_night/late_show/tickets/online.php. If you want Stand-by "Late Show with David Letterman" Tickets call 212-247-6497 starting at 11:00 a.m. on the day of the show you would like to attend. You will be asked to answer a David Letterman trivia question, and if you answer it correctly, you'll be asked to arrive at the theater approximately an hour before taping.
- Hungry for Free Poetry, Movies, Non Classical Concerts, Dance and Theatre...check out this amazing site http://www.clubfreetime.com. You could attend a free event almost every night and not spend a dime or at most less than $10.
- Explore the new MoMA on Friday between 4 and 8 pm, when the $20 entry fee is waived during Target Free Friday Nights. You may have to leave work early to get tickets since Moma does not allow you to get tickets in advance, so plan to wait in line. 11 W. 53rd St., between 5th and 6th Aves. www.moma.org
- Relive the Scene from the Thomas Crown Affair at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The best time to go is at 7:00 pm. . The $20 entry fee is really a suggested donation believe me I have paid $2 to go after 7 pm. You can pay as much, or as little, as you wish.