Queen of France for a night!




 by Duchess Dawn
http://www.mylunakiss.com/


Kirsten Dunst - Marie Antoinette
 
Bonjour, mylunakiss readers and voyeurs!  

As a new contributor to mylunakiss blog, I am thrilled to bits that I have the opportunity to share my passion for fashion and all things luxurious and vintage. I hope you enjoy my cocktail of fashion and facts in October. My daily fashion feature will be on 31 days of Halloween costumes.

In the interim, I thought why not post a Halloween preview article for you to digest.... 

Marie Antoinette was a Queen, a Dauphine and literally an iconic couture grande dame during the 17th century.

The Queen of France was purposely decadent and her penchant for spending seemed be in infinite proportions. It seems that fashion was her voice, independence and eventually earned her the respect  she craved from her opinionated court.

Antoinette's obessesion with lavish outfits, hairstyles and ostentation was her signature to fame which eventually turned into resentment from the public and her court and contributed to her tragic demise.








Marie Antoinette Dress, back view (copyright of Assouline, NY)

 






























According to many notable authors and as seen in the movie Marie Antoinette film by Sophia Coppola, the Dauphine was known for her great love of fabric. Antoinette preferred to dress in pastel colors (green, liliac, and pink), bouquet motifs and heavy brocades and tons of satin.

Several years ago, I visited Versailles in Paris and it was beyond breathtaking and I the film, Marie Antoinette truly capture the essence of the time period. I still have the Vogue Issue in my fashion magazine library.

If you missed the 2006 VogueSeptember Issue, I am truly sorry because it was a work of art but you can see the behind scenes shoot by Annie Leibowitz by clicking here or on the Vogue Issue link below.



Vogue 2006 September Issue, Kirsten Dunst - Marie Antoinette



Comments

Popular Posts