What is the scoop on GOOP?

by Vickie Retro
http://www.mylunakiss.com/

Wow, blogging is the rage again some naysayers thought it would die with the CD player which I have spotted several people carrying on the subway recently.


As a retro blogger, I have to look at the present or future to absorb reality every now and then. I'm a fan of true independent fashion bloggers like Blue Collar Catwalk, this Scorpio of blue collar fashion is showing her readers that peeps from small towns can be stylistic too, bloggers like Blue Collar are the trailblazers of street chic. I also follow plus size bloggers that "keep it real" like Fatshionable, this 26 year old maven is sharing her blog diary of fashion pizazz for the curvy woman...so awesome!

gwyneth paltrow elle photos 2011
Gwyneth Paltrow on Elle September Issue

I wonder why celebrities clog up the cyberspace with their own blogs? I mean don't they have enough to do? Give us independent bloggers a chance to express ourselves.

Not one to dump garbage on another person's self expression - I decided to check out one "celebrity lifestyle blog"- GOOP by actress, singer, cookbook author, Beyonce's BFF, Chris Martin's soul babe and super earth mom, Gwyneth Paltrow.

What is GOOP and why do we need to read it?

Well, it looks organized whoever designed site is in love the fifties simplicity of pictures next to words.The site is organized into six categories that highlight food, places, shopping, life issues, sex (I'm sorry Paltrow, I can't support that arena since this is our territory), and the final section is an eclectic mix of her best stories repeated.

Gwyneth Paltrow
GOOP is less like a blog and more like a website diary with newsletters for each category. Paltrow's recipes in (MAKE) are interesting, I will try one and report back to you on what I think. I dig GO (places Paltrow has been and highlights or restaurant, hotels and shops) because supposedly this is her view.  Not really of a fan of BE (sex advice mixed in with religous notes and opinions) I am sorry we cannot be masters of everything... well you judge for yourself.

I believe the best blogs are by people who are passionate about whatever ignites their spirit like my passion for the 80's. I could write about the 80's every hour and still not get enough.

I think independent bloggers rock but I guess if you are famous and you have Klout then why not? Mylunakiss is at 37...yippee...we are getting there slowly but our goal is to get to 70) help us increase our KLOUT by following us on twitter .

Follow us @mylunakiss on twitter and 3 of you will recieve a retro music icon T-shirt of your choice. 

Contest Deadline is Sunday, August 14th.  No joke. Once you follow us on twitter, email me, Vickie Retro at
mylunakiss@yahoo.com and write in subject line: enter me in mylunakiss contest.

See mylunakiss Twitter Follower PRIZE choices below:

Blondie Zebra T-shirt

Madonna 80's Lollipop T-Shirt

80's Runaway Corset Tee Shirt
Tribe Called Quest Hot Sex  Band Tee Shirt

Sex Pistol 80's Tee Shirt



 
You rock mylunakiss readers.



Comments

Popular Posts