Alien Love ...how futuristic?

Vickie Retro
mylunakiss.com




E.T. Lyrics [Chorus] from E.T. Katy Perry

Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
Infect me with your love and
Fill me with your poison

Take me, ta-ta-take me
Wanna be a victim
Ready for abduction

Boy, you're an alien
Your touch are foreign
It's supernatural
Extraterrestrial

Are we so bored with this planet that we need to search for sexy inspiration beyond this universe?


Katy Perry for E.T. Video

 Every now and then pop culture ignites a trend that is retro or from the days of bygone splendor (quoting my CD mixer friend). As a connoisseur of all things 80's and the Aliens movie series it is exciting to see the resurgence of alien love in the mix.

I recall back in the early 80's we were saturated with E.T., Devo and 80's synth pop one-hit wonders sounding like they're from Pluto - dressed ready to go into orbit at any moment.

Fast forward to 2k10 and news flash and aliens are hot again.  We are in a wunderkind alien love fest - Blockbuster movies featuring Aliens visiting the City of Angels (Battle Los Angeles) -  it's amazing 16 alien films in 3 years! 

Alexander McQueen Spring
Take Lady Gaga's mini movie music video for "Born This Way" very original and inspired by other themes like  Species, and cloning references from Resident Evil and let's not forget Gaga's homage to Alexander McQueen's 2010 Spring Fashion show


Lady Gaga - Born this Way
Is Haus of Gaga preparing for her acting debut in the next Aliens film sequel?



E.T. is my "can't get that damn song out of my head obsession" (not the theme song from E.T. the 80's film) but the song and video by Katy Perry that is reminiscent of a Giger painting and an Alien Queen from the Alien's trilogy. Kanye West is floating and rapping at the same time ... pure poetry...although it reminds me of t.A.T.u. "All the Things She Said"


Giger Alien
Last but not least,  my outer space species rave would be incomplete without mentioning Britney Spears and her floating dress (with dancers circling underneath music video) reminds me of Jermaine Jackson and Pia Zadoro 80's back to the future song and Ashlee Simpson's Pieces of Me but her song was not designed for supernatural consumption.

Britney Spears "Hold it Against Me"

I say yes to Alien Love and to recycling images and using our extraterrestrial friends to inspire new songs and sexy outfits.

Vodka anyone?





Popular Posts