How to keep the fire burning? Marital Woes

by Luna Lugo for Barbie Kiss
mylunakiss.com




Why is it so difficult for couples to sustain that "love is eternal" look after the honeymoon ends? 







I ask this question of all my married friends and I never get a good answer. I am lucky to be in a passionate and romantic union for more than 10 years.  I know it can be work but if you love your job the work is rewarding and worth the emotional investment.

Maybe it is easier to quip than quiver in marriage because real life and stress sneaks in and steals the innocence and purity of  love? I am amazed at how love between two people can transform and deepen over the years.

I guess it is easy to romanticize your first kiss or first embrace or the first time you heard the words "I love you".  I can recall raw, unedited, pure and innocent emotions with my husband and it still happens. I strongly believe love in a marriage should be magical because of the commitment to spend the rest of your life with one person (hopefully, if not then with someone who is meant for you)

Yes, the daily stresses of married life can get in the way, the kids are a priority, money is a concern, fatigue is a factor, in-laws, it can get quirky at times but true love should not fade into the background ..it should be front and center.

So, I challenge anyone that is married to honestly answer the following questions: (why because life is short and you should spend it in-love not in like)
  1. When was the last time you looked at your spouse the same way you did on your wedding day? 
  2. When was the last time you held your partner in a long loving embrace? 
  3. When was the last time you kissed your spouse with the same tenderness as when you first met? 
  4. When was the last time you were alone together without distractions for a long period of time
  5. When was the last time you made love with intense passion?
If you can answer more than two of these questions then congrats! If you can't recall the last time any of this happened or you don't feel the same way then perhaps you may want to take some time to reflect.

It is possible to have everlasting love with your spouse and true love does exist.

Love Quotes: 
“I love you, not only for what you are, But for what I am when I am with you.”
 Roy Croft
“The life and love we create is the life and love we live.”
 Leo Buscaglia
Information Source: lovequotes.com

Comments

Popular Posts