The Brigette Bardot Obsession

by Barbie Kiss




Brigitte Bardot 1960


Channeling sex icons from the 50's and 60's is so posh right now...

Pop star celebrities like Beyonce and many other famous femme fatales are name dropping Bettie Page, Brigitte Bardot and Marilyn Monroe like they lived next door to them.

I wonder if these famous sex icons of 2k really know about those famous retro pin ups? Maybe they do, I remember when it was hot in the 90's to state you have a split personality on stage like Janet Jackson and her alter ego.

Fashion magazines list Brigitte Bardot as a stylish sex kitten every year and the Bardot style influences fashion designers annually. 

I wonder if many know the real Brigitte Bardot? 

Did you know that Bardot is a passionate animal rights activist, outspoken and unapologetic for her beliefs  and opinions. Ms. Bardot is wealthy and continues to fight for what she  believes in no matter how controversial which is the opposite of her symbolic sex kitten status. 

Pamela Anderson reminds me of a present day Brigitte Bardot - not so much for similarity in looks but they are both passionate about animal rights, except Ms. Anderson is less feisty.

Pamela Anderson wearing a print bikini


Super model and cashmere designer, Caudia Schiffer resembles Brigitte Bardot the most or perhaps it's model and actress, Leatitia Casta portraying Brigitte Bardot in Serge Gainsbourg's movie, Heroic Life.

Claudia Schiffer 1990's Guess ad.


Leatitia Casta in Heroic Life
Bardot may have rid herself of the sex symbol status but her fashion style will continue to be copied, channeled and imitated. 

Bardot Quick Facts:

Brigitte Bardot is a vegan, animal rights activist and founder of the Brigitte Bardot Foundation created to defend animal rights. 

Bardot was married three times and has one son, Nicolas-Jacques Charrier from her second marriage to Jacques Charrier. Bardot continues to speak out frequently on animal rights issues.

Brigitte Bardot Quotes:

  • "I am shocking, impertinent and insolent that's how it is. I never regret anything but I am greatly misunderstood by politically correct idiots," she says. "Politics disgusts me.
  • "It's better to be unfaithful than faithful without wanting to be."
  • "I absolutely loathe luxury. It is the one thing I cannot stand."
  • "I am all right when I work. I am not superficial and I am not ungrateful."
  • "I gave my beauty and my youth to men. I am going to give my wisdom and experience to animals."

Comments

Popular Posts